Urban birds of Russia

Поиск  Пользователи  Правила 
Закрыть
Логин:
Пароль:
Забыли свой пароль?

Страницы: 1 2 3 След.
RSS
Urban birds of Russia, Researchers in Canada calling on birders in Russia for help with our study of urban birds.

A colleague and I are studying adaptation in urban birds, and are seeking help from birders to identify which of our focal species breed in the largest cities, worldwide. We are hoping that some of the members of the Society for the Protection of Russian Birds might be able to help us. We have completed surveys for many of our focal cities, but are missing data for all 17 of the large cities in Russia on our list. We would really like to be able to include the urban birds of Russia in our study!

Are you familiar with the breeding birds of Russian cities, or any other large cities across the globe, and, if so, would you be willing to complete our survey? The survey takes no more than 10 minutes. You can find more information about the study , a complete list of focal cities, and links to all of the surveys here:

http://post.queensu.ca/~pm45/urban.html

Also, we would be grateful if you could share this link with other active birders or ornithologists who might be familiar with urban breeding birds of any city on our list, particularly those in Russia.

Thanks very much for your help !!

Fran Bonier
Assistant Professor
Queen's University then
Kingston's, Ontario information, Canada
http://post.queensu.ca/~bonierf/

Капец... Обленился народ, дальше некуда... По всем крупным городам (по крайней мере, большинству) имеются публикации по их авифаунистике и прочим аспектам... Но "британским ученым" некогда изучать литературу... Ладно, когда Пентагон ссылается на разведданные, полученные из соцсетей, но когда орнитолухи начинают страдать такой же хреновиной...  :cry:  
Изменено: shahin - 2 июня 2017 20:14:28
Андрей Коваленко
Казахстан, Алматы.

Цитата
shahin wrote:
 Kapets ... lazy people the any longer a ... By all major cities (AT Least will most) are publishing's and Their avifaunistike OTHER Aspects ... But "the British scientist the" once recording studied literature ... the Well, the when the Pentagon refers to on intelligence obtained from social networks       , but when ornithologists are starting to suffer the same damn ...
If Google translated your message accurately, it would appear you don't approve of the approach we are taking with this study! I do apologize, but we are very familiar with the resources available for lists of breeding birds - they are not available for all 492 cities on our list, and they are not sufficient for our study aims (because we want to document presence AND absence of specific, focal species for which we have other data, and we require assessments of how widespread the birds are, and how regularly they breed in the city). Thus far, more than 500 generous and knowledgeable birders and ornithologists have completed our surveys for more than 200 cities across the globe, but no one in Russia has yet completed our surveys. Citizen science is incredibly powerful, and we are thankful for all of the help we have gotten. I am sorry if you think this approach is lazy, but I assure you it is the best method for our research questions, and is yielding interesting and valuable data. I do hope we can include Russia's birds in our study!  

Fran, have you tried to start looking for scientific articles and monographs about the birds of the cities you are interested in?
Андрей Коваленко
Казахстан, Алматы.

Цитата
Fran Bonier написал:
If Google translated your message accurately, it would appear you don't approve of the approach we are taking with this study! I do apologize, but we are very familiar with the resources available for lists of breeding birds - they are not available for all 492 cities on our list, and they are not sufficient for our study aims (because we want to document presence AND absence of specific, focal species for which we have other data, and we require assessments of how widespread the birds are, and how regularly they breed in the city). Thus far, more than 500 generous and knowledgeable birders and ornithologists have completed our surveys for more than 200 cities across the globe, but no one in Russia has yet completed our surveys. Citizen science is incredibly powerful, and we are thankful for all of the help we have gotten. I am sorry if you think this approach is lazy, but I assure you it is the best method for our research questions, and is yielding interesting and valuable data. I do hope we can include Russia's birds in our study!  
Your approach, of course, can also be applied under certain conditions ... But I doubt that in this case, hundreds and thousands of people will throw all their affairs and start enthusiastically throwing you their data ...
Андрей Коваленко
Казахстан, Алматы.

I assure you, we have done our homework. We refer to scientific articles and monographs often, but they are not appropriate for the aims of this study. I am happy to answer any questions you have to clarify why this approach is the best for this study. My email address is bonierf@queensu.ca and you can see evidence of my academic credentials here: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=Zsk3tswAAAAJ

Андрюх, твой искромётный сленг гугл-переводчик не потянет))) :D  
Минеральные Воды

Цитата
Fran Bonier написал:
I assure you, we have done our homework. We refer to scientific articles and monographs often, but they are not appropriate for the aims of this study. I am happy to answer any questions you have to clarify why this approach is the best for this study. My email address is  bonierf@queensu.ca  and you can see evidence of my academic credentials here:
From this, and had to start ...))) And then, hello, I'm all so beautiful and in white, send me, please .............. :)  But let's see what the Russians say ... And the Kazakh cities do not interest you ...?  ;)  
Андрей Коваленко
Казахстан, Алматы.

Цитата
Андрєас написал:
Андрюх, твой искромётный сленг гугл-переводчик не потянет)))  
Дык на это и расчет был... ;)
Изменено: shahin - 2 июня 2017 20:39:23
Андрей Коваленко
Казахстан, Алматы.

Fran Bonier, если вас интересуют гнездящиеся птицы МОЕГО города, - я попробую вам помочь (всё равно делать нечего). Напишу вам на электронный ящик, - вы подскажете что конкретно нужно и в каком виде. Свой адрес вышлю в личном сообщении (чтобы спам не посыпался). :)  
Минеральные Воды

Цитата
shahin написал:
Обленился народ, дальше некуда...
Тут не понял, Андрей. Нормальный способ оценки авифауны через любителей. Тоже своего рода исследование.
Вот только одинаковость критериев кажущаяся - не только потому, что наблюдателей разное количество и они разные, но и принципиально разные города.

Цитата
shahin написал:
... And the Kazakh cities do not interest you ...?    
В Колумбии, например, о том, что есть такая страна Россия - узнали только в следствие чемпионата по футболу ;)  
Минеральные Воды

Google Translate isn't up to interpreting all of these messages for me. I am hoping some of you will complete the survey - we are collecting data from 492 cities worldwide - including Kazakhstahn. If you go to this link and select the continent for your city, you will see a list of links to each city's individual survey. They really are simple, and should not take long. Here's a link for the survey for Astana: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XJTHHXL and for Almaty: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PFGS5JT

Цитата
Sanya написал:
Цитата
 shahin  написал:
Обленился народ, дальше некуда...
Тут не понял, Андрей. Нормальный способ оценки авифауны через любителей. Тоже своего рода исследование.
Вот только одинаковость критериев кажущаяся - не только потому, что наблюдателей разное количество и они разные, но и принципиально разные города.
Нет, способ оценки, конечно, нормальный... Хотя тут тоже много но... А тут еще такая непосредственность, типа "Здрасте, я ваша тетя... Дайте мне вот то и вот то..." Не знаю, может это у них так принято между собой...? Хотя очень сомневаюсь...
Андрей Коваленко
Казахстан, Алматы.

Sorry - here's the link again where you can select your continent: http://post.queensu.ca/~pm45/urban.html

I forgot it in my previous post.

Цитата
Fran Bonier написал:
Google Translate isn't up to interpreting all of these messages for me. I am hoping some of you will complete the survey - we are collecting data from 492 cities worldwide - including Kazakhstahn. If you go to this link and sel ect the continent for your city, you will see a list of links to each city's individual survey. They really are simple, and should not take long. Here's a link for the survey for Astana:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XJTHHXL  and for Almaty:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PFGS5JT
Well, I already had questions ... For example, item 35 - Willow Tit, Poecile montanus. We have in the mountains songarus, not montanus ... Some species here are certainly strange for nesting opportunities ... I do not even understand what useful information can be extracted fr om this kind of questionnaire ...
Андрей Коваленко
Казахстан, Алматы.

As I understand it, you are more interested in the list of certain species of birds than the cities themselves and their features ...?
Андрей Коваленко
Казахстан, Алматы.

Цитата
shahin написал:
Не знаю, может это у них так принято между собой...? Хотя очень сомневаюсь...
Не в тему, но мне тоже об этом подумалось... Хорошо было бы, если так ;)  
Минеральные Воды

Я заполнил, было довольно просто, заняло 5 минут
Fran, it was not very clear to me how to separate the widespread and the local breeders in your survey. The definitions are ambiguous and up to interpretation
Алексей
Москва

Главное, чтобы наши "знатоки" лапши там слишком много не по навешали при ответах на вопросники...))))))) Эти могут... :)
Андрей Коваленко
Казахстан, Алматы.
Страницы: 1 2 3 След.
Читают тему (гостей: 3)

© 2003-2024 Союз охраны птиц России
Создание сайта - Infoday Media